International Safety Management (ISM) Familiarization : Duration 2 Days
This courses covers the ISM code, the resolutions that apply to the recognised organisation, the provisions of SOLAS, ISM certification process, the audit process and corrective action and it’s role in Safety Management.
With the international recognition of the critical importance of the human factor in the prevention of marine casualties, together with the need to enhance the management of ship operations, the International Safety Management (ISM) Code has been incorporated into the SOLAS Convention.
As of 1 July 2002, the ISM Code came into effect for all types of ships 500gt and above, as well as passenger ships including passenger high-speed craft engaged in international voyages, as well as the companies which own or manage them.
This course covers the following topics:
- Objectives of the ISM Code
- Introduction to the ISM code(for the safety of ship & for pollution prevention)
- Knowledge & understanding of each element of the ISM code which includes amongst others
- Contents of the ISM code
- Company & Master responsibility & authority
- Functional requirements for safety management system
- Development of plans of shipboard operation
- Report & analysis of non conformities
- Company verification review & evaluation
- Certification & verification
- Practical application of the code